Hong Kong is one of the world’s leading International Financial Centers (IFC), which has a major capitalist service economy characterized by low taxation and free trade. The desirable environment enables many multinational financial services corporations, luxury brands and 5-stars hotel groups to set up their business in downtown Hong Kong (Central). The list of corporation reads like a who’s who – HSBC, Bank of China, Louis Vuitton, Gucci , Apple, Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Four Seasons Hotel.
Hong Kong is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Southeast Asia. The magnificent Victoria Harbour and Peak, stunning skyline and cosmopolitan East meets West fusion is influenced by both Chinese and the British culture. Hong Kong is a centre for world trade and a hub of entertainment. It is also famous for martial arts movies that specially contribute to Hong Kong’s culture and life style.
In addition, Hong Kong is positioned as ‘Asia’s World City ‘. This positioning is designed to highlight Hong Kong as a dynamic and well-known city over the world. It is famous for its wide variety of cuisine, cultural diversity, traditional arts, cosmopolitan lifestyle as well as being a ‘Shopping Paradise.’
Top 3 List of Issues to consider when working in Hong Kong
- Self-Employment is not permitted. You must be employed by a company entity if visa sponsorship is required.
- Mandatory Insurance coverage (i.e. Employee Compensation Insurance).
- All Foreigners without permanent resident status are required to have a work visa to work in Hong Kong. This must be sponsored by a qualifying company in Hong Kong.
Top 5 most important points about our service in Hong Kong
- CXC offers a comprehensive Employment and Dependent (family) Visa management service. While under CXC Employment, we will sponsor qualifying individuals for a Hong Kong work visa.
- CXC provides a legal and compliant employment structure in Hong Kong, allowing contractors to engage in legitimate consulting activities in Hong Kong.
- CXC takes the hassle out of invoicing and payroll services by providing our clients with itemized, consolidated invoicing and payroll processing.
- CXC covers all mandatory and optional insurances required to contract in Hong Kong and a wide range of employee benefits to support the requirements of contract employees in Hong Kong.
- CXC can also provide detailed employment advice based on Hong Kong labor laws and procedures.
Working in Hong Kong